Emaleigh preguntado en Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · hace 9 años

Looking for good dessert recipe for a baby shower?

My friends baby shower is next weekend and I'm looking for a good dessert to make! I'm going to make Rocky Road brownies and I want something else!

I'll be taking a Greyhound because the shower is out of town, so I need a dessert that doesn't need to be refrigerated. And nothing boring like regular cookies or brownies.

Thanks! :)

10 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Respuesta preferida

Here are a couple suggestions..

Ginger-Macadamia-Coconut-Carrot Cake

For the cake..

2⅓ cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

¾ teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons cinnamon

½ teaspoon ground nutmeg (or preferably freshly grated)

1 cup pineapple juice

½ cup canola oil

¾ cup sugar

½ cup pure maple syrup

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped

¼ cup crystallized ginger, chopped (even better if you can find small pieces specifically for baking)

1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

2 cups carrots, grated

And for the coconut icing..

¼ cup nonhydrogenated margarine at room temperature

¼ cup coconut milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted

1 cup unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350°F. Have ready two 8-inch springform cake pans, lightly greased. Alternately, this could be made in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and cut in half lengthwise to create two layers or just iced as one layer.

In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground spices.

In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together the pineapple, oil, sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches, and combine well with a hand mixer or strong fork. Fold in macadamias, ginger, coconut, and carrots.

Divide the batter evenly between the two round cake pans, or spread in the rectangular pan, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pans.

To make the coconut icing, cream the margarine until light and fluffy. Add the coconut milk and vanilla and combine. Add the sifted confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth (use an electric handheld mixer; otherwise the might take a good 5 minutes to mix). Add the unsweetened coconut and combine.

Remove cakes from pans and put a layer of coconut icing between the layers, and another layer of coconut icing on top; I like to leave the sides free of icing because it looks pretty.

And for a visual..

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/mtzimmerm...

------------------------------

Spice Swirl Bundt Cake with Buttahmilk Glaze

For the vanilla batter..

2 cups light spelt flour (plus extra to dust pan)

1 cup organic sugar (fair trade if possible)

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp sea salt

1 cup organic non-dairy milk or filtered water

½ cup softened non-hydrogenated coconut oil or sunflower oil

1 tbsp pure vanilla extract

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

For the spice batter..

2 cups light spelt flour

¾ cup Sucanat or organic sugar (fair trade if possible)

1 tbsp cinnamon

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp sea salt

¾ cup organic non-dairy milk

½ cup softened non-hydrogenated coconut oil or sunflower oil

¼ cup organic blackstrap molasses

1 tbsp apple cider vinegar

And for the buttahmilk glaze..

2 cups powdered organic sugar (fair trade if possible)

¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)

3-4 tbsp organic non-dairy milk

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil and flour a 2½-qt/L Bundt pan—ensure all interior surface is coated to prevent cake from sticking.

To prepare vanilla batter, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the milk or water, oil, and vanilla and mix just until all flour is absorbed.

To prepare spice batter, whisk together the flour, Sucanat or sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, and salt in a separate large bowl. Add the milk or water, oil, and molasses and mix just until all flour is absorbed.

Add the vinegar to each of the bowls and quickly mix one then the other, just until vinegar is evenly distributed through batter in each bowl.

Pour the vanilla batter into the Bundt pan first, tilting pan at a bit of an angle so batter fills one side of pan (it will still flow to other side, but the objective is to have the batter mostly on one side). Place pan on a table or counter top and immediately pour the spice batter in other side (the two batters will mix but won't completely combine).

Gently draw a snake-like swiggle with a toothpick, skewer, or knife once through batter to help that swirl happen (don't over-swiggle, as batters will lose their swirl and begin to blend—we don't want that!).

Bake for 45-50 minutes, until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before inverting cake onto a serving plate and removing pan.

Once cake is completely cooled, combine all ingredients for glaze in a liquid measuring cup and mix until smooth. Gently pour over cake (don't worry about the glaze being distributed perfectly).

And for a visual:

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/mtzimmerm...

Happy cooking. :)

Fuente(s): Ginger-macadamia-coconut-carrot cake from Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-Free Recipes That Rock by Isa Chandra Moskowitz Spice swirl bundt cake with buttahmilk glaze from Get It Ripe: A Fresh Take on Vegan Cooking and Living by Jae Steele
  • Anónimo
    hace 5 años

(13-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips 2 cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies 1 cup mini marshmallows 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, well drained Preparation: In medium microwave-safe bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute, then remove and stir. Continue microwaving on 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Layer the chocolate sauce, cookie crumbs, marshmallows, and drained oranges in 8 parfait glasses. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving time. Serves 8

• hace 5 años

There is no one single Paleo Diet, as our ancestors from all over the world ate dramatically different diets depending on the climate where they lived, their landscape, accessibility to water bodies, and the latitude that they lived. This is a detailed meal plan for the paleo diet https://tr.im/thepaleodiet

In some cases, a Paleo Diet may be 90% plant foods and 10% animal foods, and in other cases, a Paleo Diet may be 90% animal foods and 10% plant foods.

For example, our ancestors that lived near the equator had year long access to more plant materials such as root vegetables and various fruits, veggies, and nuts.

On the other hand, our ancestors that lived at higher latitudes further away from the equator only had access to fruits and vegetables seasonally at one specific time period per year, and had larger periods of the year where they ate a higher % of meats, organ meats, fish, and other animal-based foods, or fermented foods that could be stored for winter.

• Anónimo
    hace 9 años

Sarah's Applesauce

Directions

In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 9 años

My wife went to a baby shower recently and the most popular dessert was a plateful of fruit kabobs. Pieces of pineapple, grapes, melon and other fruits were threaded on skewers.

• hace 9 años

I know that you said you did not want anything refrigerated, but you can go to a grocery store before going to the shower and get apple pie and ice cream.

• Amy B.
    Lv 7
    hace 9 años

Whoopie Pies! They're awesome, and everyone goes crazy for them in my family. We had them at my cousin's baby shower (and every family event) and they NEVER last.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/whoopie-pies-viii/det...

• hace 9 años

I have a recipe. E-mail me your e-mail address and I will type it up for you. Its really good and people go crazy over it.

• hace 9 años

Check out my baking blog, I have many good recipes on there!

http://theboldbaker.blogspot.com/

• Anónimo
    hace 9 años

you should make cupcakes!!!

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.