Where can I find different countries' P/E ratios?
You can easily find online the prices of different global stock indexes, such as Nikkei, Hang Seng, Sensex, etc.
But try as I might, I can't find those indexes current P/E ratios. Some blogs carry outdated information.
I've seen screenshots of a Bloomberg terminal carrying such information. Do you know of any cheaper alternatives?
Thank you for your time.
- JoeyVLv 7hace 10 añosRespuesta preferida
1) Different countries have different accounting conventions so comparing P/E's across countries makes little sense
2) Even in big countries like Japan they do not share the US view of full disclosure of earnings data
3) P/E even stated on identical basis wouldn't be fair because the compositions of the indexes are so different
4) There is no reason that P/E's should be the same as interest rates in different currencies vary so the expected share of corporate profit for each dollar, yen, dinar, etc. should also vary.
5) etc. etc
There are reasons why you can't find this data.