e22ef preguntado en Social ScienceGender Studies · hace 1 década

How does science explain the fact that some women prefer a married or commited man rather than a single one?

18 respuestas

Relevancia
  • Anónimo
    hace 1 década
    Respuesta preferida

There are many reasons women like married men. Typically, a woman purposefully goes after a married man because she believes she is a piece of ****, or in other words she has low-self esteem. Probably has poorly defined morals and values, and low to no self-respect or respect for others.

Here are some reasons:

1) she gains her artificial self-confidence from knowing she can "steal" away another woman's man. this gives her the false impression that she is better than someone else.

2) she always needs to have what someone else she has.

3) it could have to do with the fact that she may think he is stable and a good husband. however, if he is willing to leave a woman he is committed to for another woman, he is not stable or a good husband. If he is a cheater than this idea that he is stable is an illusion.

there are more but im too tired to write them out!

• hace 1 década

This has nothing to do with science and cannot prove ones preference for a married lover. Speaking of preferences, you must realize that there are men who prefer married women over single females also. People who fall into the category get a rush from "soiling" what is suppose to be a committed relationship and some even enjoy it when their lover's partners find out. Some grow up in household in which their parents blatantly cheat in front of them, but the child learns to hate the "other women or man" for their parents behaviors. Of course low self-esteem plays a role in this also for some think they just cannot do any better or are convinced their lovers will eventually leave their wives or husbands and marry them.

• hace 4 años

it rather is an thrilling question. at the beginning, it would not shop on with to all women persons. i understand countless households with mothers who've lots greater-incomes jobs than the fathers. recently the "stay at homestead dad" is likewise gaining attractiveness. you're top although, it rather is uncommon for women persons in severe-powered jobs to marry blue collar workers. portion of why it rather is unpopular is to not do with women persons not wanting to marry men with much less money, yet because of the previous societal thought that men are meant to be the "breadwinner" of the kinfolk. 2nd, some women persons do exactly not desire babies or a kinfolk. even while they do, the age of having married and fairly having babies keeps getting previous and older as there are greater activity opportunities for women persons. fairly women persons who've very stressful jobs like docs and attorneys many times don't have the time to make your techniques as much as relationship, getting married, or having childrens. in addition they won't experience the will for babies to be fulfilled if their jobs are satisfying (not that top paying jobs are continuously satisfying jobs or vice versa). fairly, i'm uncertain it rather is a query of marrying "down" yet incredibly a query of marrying in any respect. I agree that folk should not be petrified of marrying somebody with a distinctive educational historic past, male or female, in the event that they do desire to marry. The surfeit of faculty knowledgeable women persons is a very new phenomenon and it is going to take a at the same time as for persons to conform with that new dynamic.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

Women like that may not be very bright but they're acting on an ancient inherent instinct: these men have already passed the test of fertility (if they have children in the family) and if not, they've passed the test that there's nothing hugely wrong with them - because another woman agreed (or chose) to have them as their partner. They've also showed the ability to commit themselves.

With single men you never know.

• ¿Qué te parecieron las respuestas? Puedes iniciar sesión para votar por la respuesta.
  • hace 1 década

You said it in your question. The men are married or commited and there is no risk to women of getting into a relationship. At least in the beginning.

• Lúta
    Lv 6
    hace 1 década

I prefer the single one. I'd have a better chance of having him in my future. Married or committed men are not my type because they are taken.

• Stuart
    Lv 4
    hace 1 década

Psychology explains it. Some women prefer a married man because they have low self esteem and they see him as more of a challenge so if she gets him, it makes her feel really good.

• hace 1 década

It probably can't. There is no "cheater" gene. Some women are just horrible that way - they want what they want, and to heck with the guy's family. It's all about her. Bloody selfish and despicable, if you ask me. Anyone who pursues a married person is. Breaking up a family so they can do something they want to do. Disgusting.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

The Science of Psychology will have to be considered; and the majority of psychologist will say that she's afraid of commitment for such and such a reason.

• Anónimo
    hace 1 década

In my humble opinion, science can't explain that. That scenario deals with morality. And science has never developed a moral scale.

¿Aún tienes preguntas? Pregunta ahora para obtener respuestas.